JOY - Addicted to CAS Challenge

The challenge at Addicted to CAS is the word Joy.  I find it difficult to do "clean and simple" and I have been trying more cards with this style. Lots of white space!
click to enlarge

I stamped the pine needle branch with TH Forest Moss distress ink and drew in the main branch with TH Brushed Corduroy marker.  I patted the Forest Moss distress ink pad on a silicone mat and spritzed with water picking up the ink with a wet, fine watercolour brush drawing in more "needles".

I used an embossing folder creating swirls at the top over the pine needles and the hanging ornaments. Using a fine, flat edge 1/8" watercolour brush, I picked up some Adirondack Gold paint lightly painting over the embossed "chain" and top of ornaments. The ornaments were edged with Stickles Star Dust and Gold glitter.

The word JOY is a Tim Holtz die cut from gold paper that resembles mercury glass. I picked up a whole pad of this 12x12" paper with red, gold, silver and copper shades of mercury glass the other day at Michael's for half price! It is so pretty and I'm sure next Christmas season I'll get a lot of use from it!!

At last minute I added the tiny gold, cord bows. I just couldn't help myself....LOL!  I'm not sure if this is agreeable to the challenge rules, so if it doesn't meet the requirements, the judges can eliminate my entry.

Well, it's getting down to the deadline of mailing cards. I have two more to make, then I'll be done for this year.  I have nothing planned for today but being in my craftroom creating, then massive clean-up of all my christmas stuff which has exploded to every surface. LOL!


Enjoy your weekend!

Supplies Used:

- Crafts Too Embossing Folder - Swirl Baubles
- Hero Arts #H2887 "Real Pine"
- Tim Holtz Forest Moss Distress Ink & Brushed Corduroy Marker
- Ranger Adirondack Gold Paint Dauber
- Tim Holtz Thinlit Dies - Holiday Words
- Stickles Glitter Star Dust & Gold
- Recollections Christmas/Noel Mercury Glass 12x12 pad & gold cord

Sharon
Dec. 12, 2015





4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful card, Sharon! Love the pine branch and gold touches. I have many more cards to make--I never start early enough. I wish I had a craft room. I bring everything I need up from the basement and work on the dining room table which limits my time if the family wants to eat! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful I always say Less is More . Love the gold ornaments and the addition of tiny bows makes the card .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Sharon! Very elegant with those metallic ornaments and I love the big pine branches overhead! CAS can be stunning, has you have just proven! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful love the golden ornaments. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete