Autumn and Halloween

I have been very lazy about my blog, and for a while I was going to stop posting completely. Having this discussion with stamping friends, I decided to keep it going, but maybe not as detailed as previous posts. Well, tonight I couldn't sleep so decided to surf Pinterest and other card sites. Whatever did we do without a computer in the middle of the night?  LOL.  After reading for an hour and looking at the incoming blog feed posts for the past week, I got inspired to post a couple of Autumn cards I made.  They are fairly simple, but just wanted friends to know I was thinking of them.

(1)  Free image downloaded and sized for a card. Tim Holtz pin and acrylic tag on which I cut out and glued an apple, copper metallic baker's twine.


Click to enlarge

(2)  The background was made with sponging TH inks then overstamping with several leaf stamps on brown dotted paper. Snoopy image was coloured with Copic markers, popped up with foam tape. I cut out a few leafs and sponged with TH inks. Bow, brad and baker's twine.




(3)  I used TH Harlequin stencil to sponge rust and black pattern over dotted paper. Image is from Crafty Secrets. Some TH tiny seasonal word stickers, rub-ons (corner border and spider). Edge of tag was distressed and sponged with black distress ink. The spider web was stamped with black Stazon ink on self-adhesive acrylic, edged with black stickles over the design, and cut out. The medallion is from a 12x12 sheet of halloween paper which I cut several so I could cut and layer. I stamped and embossed with black EP the magic potion phrase, glued on 31 and dotted black stickles around the edge. Pom pom black ribbon for the bottom and different ribbons for the top.



(4)  The image is by Stampendous, stamped with Versamark, and embossed with black EP. The pumpkins were coloured with Copic markers, then I placed a mask over them and sponged TH distress inks to make the night sky and grass.  Bat die is covered with black Stickles glitter. I made another medallion from the same sheet of paper as in above post and edged with black Stickles. Pompom ribbon at the bottom.


I am working on a Christmas project for my daughter. Will post it when finished. Well, I am going to go to bed and see if I can get an hour sleep before the alarm rings for my husband to get up for work. Nighty Night or Good Morning? LOL

Sharon
Nov. 15/2015

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing collection Sharon! I just love your Halloween cards and your image on the first one is just lovely!! I for one, would really miss you if you closed up shop, so I'm glad you have decided to keep sharing your work!! hugs until next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to see a post by you and that you are still here in blogging land. I love these cards and the tag. You have such unique ideas! The backgrounds you create with stamping and inking are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you back in Blogland sharing your creations Sharon.
    Hugs, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so glad to see you're sharing your creations again on your blog . Loving all the cards especially how you did the background on the snoopy one . I must say I'm so proud to be the owner of the last Halloween card the photo doesn't give it justice !!!
    Hugs Marilyn

    ReplyDelete