Tim's Tag March 2014

I really like Tim's tag for March - it is pretty, a nice change from steampunk. As usual I had to improvise as I didn't have the large feather and bird nest stamps, so I chose to do a butterfly, bee and foliage theme.  Can't say that I'm a fan of the "smudged stamping" technique, but it was something new to learn! I'm also entering this in the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Tag it!


click to enlarge picture

 

Supplies:

-Butterfly stamp Martha Stewart clear acrylic
-Bee stamp by Crafty Secrets Clear Art
-Bug trail dots by savystamps
-Astible #3872H Penny Black
- Figure and Plate stamps by 7Gypsies "Steampunk"
-Chicken wire stencil by Clear Scraps
-Tim Holtz tissue tape
-Crushed Olive, Forest Moss, Shabby Shutters, Rusty Hinge,
  Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain distress inks
-Tim Holtz Type Key embellishment - I cut a dream word with a 1/2" punch and mounted inside the circle
-Gold thread Hemp twine, gold sheer ribbon

Sharon
March 5/2014

Simon Says Challenge - Tag it

-


6 comments:

pattyo said...

I think your tag is beautiful, Sharon! I'm not a fan of the smudged look myself either.

Maria said...

Beautiful tag! Love the butterfly, twine, and charm! Fabulous background, too!

Ellen said...

Wowww Sharon, your Tag is awesome, love it!

Greetings and have a nice day,
Ellen

Jingle said...

This is very pretty! I love the butterfly! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Your tag turned out beautifully love the butterfly and the color combo that you used .

Dagmar said...

It's a fantastic Interpretation of tims tag!