Tim's Tag March 2014

I really like Tim's tag for March - it is pretty, a nice change from steampunk. As usual I had to improvise as I didn't have the large feather and bird nest stamps, so I chose to do a butterfly, bee and foliage theme.  Can't say that I'm a fan of the "smudged stamping" technique, but it was something new to learn! I'm also entering this in the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Tag it!


click to enlarge picture

 

Supplies:

-Butterfly stamp Martha Stewart clear acrylic
-Bee stamp by Crafty Secrets Clear Art
-Bug trail dots by savystamps
-Astible #3872H Penny Black
- Figure and Plate stamps by 7Gypsies "Steampunk"
-Chicken wire stencil by Clear Scraps
-Tim Holtz tissue tape
-Crushed Olive, Forest Moss, Shabby Shutters, Rusty Hinge,
  Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain distress inks
-Tim Holtz Type Key embellishment - I cut a dream word with a 1/2" punch and mounted inside the circle
-Gold thread Hemp twine, gold sheer ribbon

Sharon
March 5/2014

Simon Says Challenge - Tag it

-


4 comments:

  1. I think your tag is beautiful, Sharon! I'm not a fan of the smudged look myself either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag! Love the butterfly, twine, and charm! Fabulous background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty! I love the butterfly! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a fantastic Interpretation of tims tag!

    ReplyDelete