|click to enlarge pic|
I didn't have Tim's timepiece die so had to improvise using a clock die from my stash. Also since I didn't have any of Tim's foil on hand, I embossed black cardstock with a Cuttlebug clock folder and brushed silver distress paint over the raised design. - sort of reverse what Tim did (he used silver foil brushed with black distress paint). Then I covered it with clear acrylic before gluing on the silver clockface and hands.
The numbers were cut with Tim's alteration strip die "Once Upon a Time" from black kraft core Co-ordination paper with edges sanded to reveal the kraft. I've been hoarding some black German foil paper for two years, and finally decided to use some on the top and bottom edges. It's sort of lacey, but not feminine.
EEKS!!! After I published this to my blog, I noticed something. In case you were wondering what "TODFIY"is...... (the word on the timepiece), it is TODAY. I took several shots at different angles, and they all came out the same. I even asked my husband to read the words- he got them right, and then seeing my face, wanted to know what was wrong. After I pointed it out, he said he could see what I was talking about. It must be a Murphy's Law that you notice these things AFTER everything is glued down! (wink!). They are little stickers called Bookworks by EK Success.
Hubby sort of hinted his old bookmark that I made two years ago is getting shabby, so I'm giving him this one.
Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2014