Poinsettia Tag

With the stormy weather recently it was nice to be in my craft room creating. This is a tag I made for my friend who has a tree done in gold and white.

click to enlarge picture




For the background I cut a tag out of kraft paper with Tim's alteration tag die and embossed it using Stampin'Up folder "Northern Flurry". Then I swiped the tag with Brilliance Platinum ink and coated with clear EP. On the raised parts, I swiped them with Encore Gold Ink, and heat dried once more. This is a technique I learned with Tim's 12 tags of Christmas 2012.

The small oval is a Sizzix die that I cut from TH grungepaper, coated with white Distress Paint. Once dry, I coated it again with Ranger embossing ink and TH distress powder, then a blast with the heat gun to give it a shabby look. The white paint shows through. (Tim's rusted grunge technique). I stamped the verse on white C/S, covered it with self-adhesive clear film, cut out and glued to the back of the small oval. The larger oval, cut from gold brushed C/S, is from the "Opulent Ovals" spellbinders set.

For the poinsettia, I used a die by poppystamps #861 "Blooming Poinsettia". The petals are from white Bazzill, while the leaves are from glitter paper. I edged all with TH Antique Linen distress ink,  applied Shabby Lace Stickles to the petals, and a gold rhinestone in the centre.

On the bottom of the tag, I applied a 1/4" line of white glue and sprinkled Stampendous Frantage Champagne glass glitter patting it down to stay put. Love this stuff - it is so chunky, sparkly. However, you have to be careful patting because it is actual glass. I usually wear a thin latex glove while doing this just in case..  Once it is all dried on the tag, it doesn't seem to be sharp.

That's it for today. I have three dark fruitcakes in the oven, so I may do some more simple Christmas cards while waiting for them to bake.

Sharon
Nov.29/2013

Challenge

Frilly & Funky:  Gift tags and note cards

No comments:

Post a Comment