Sewing Tag

I made this monochromatic tag for a friend who loves quilting and sewing other items for the home.

click to enlarge pic


Before cutting the dress form with Tim's Alterations Manniquin die, I applied sticky back canvas to grungepaper. Then sponged Walnut Stain distress ink around the edge. The base is from Coordinations Kraft core paper which was sanded to "age". Dressed it up with some pearls, ribbon roses and netting for the skirt.

I cut a tag from My Mind's Eye "Penny Lane" paper which is heavy and nicely textured lining up the tag die so that the lace pattern of the paper was at the bottom of the tag. Sponged Walnut Stain randomly over the tag; stamped pattern pieces (Stampin Up!); buttons, scissors, flourish, and needle (Crafty Secrets #SS15 Material Girl), zig zag machine stitched around the edge; and finally distressed with Tim's distressor tool. Coloured in the scizzors with a Copic Marker and sponged some more Walnut Stain around the edge of the whole tag.

The banner is also sticky back canvas cut from Tim's Tattered Banner strip die. The verse is from the same Crafty Secrets set mentioned above.

For the spool, I daubbed Ranger Snow Cap acrylic paint over grungepaper, applied crackle glaze and set it aside to dry. Once it was dry, I sponged the surface with Walnut Stain to sink into the cracks, and wiped the rest off giving the spool an aged look. Wrapped with real brown thread.

The crinkled silk ribbon and crocheted ribbon was sponged with Tea Dye, and I added some tiny cream buttons for embellishment.

Hope she likes it!

Sharon
March 19, 2013

Challenges:

The Shabby Tea Room - Anything Goes



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag and so many wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon I have chosen to pass the Leibster Award on to you and hope that you will accept it and pass on to other bloggers. I always love visiting your blog to see what you have created .
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sharon! I nominated you for the Liebster award. Please visit my blog and pass it on. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete