Bright Butterfly

I was invited to join a "blog anniversary" challenge by Brenda at Floral Fantasies blog who is celebrating 4,000 followers since starting her blog over four years ago. Quite an achievement!
 
Anyhow the rules are quite simple.. simply interpret her blog header- whether it is the colours, flowers, or whatever else one sees in the picture.

Since I don't have any poppy stamps, I chose the butterfly.  I'm sorry to say that I do not know who makes the stamp on my card. It looks like Magenta style? The embossed image was given me quite some time ago in a swap and I just came across it the other night when going through my stash. When I saw the butterfly in Brenda's header, I grabbed for this image to colour. Now I realize her colours are mostly red, yellow and green, and I coloured the echinachea flowers in shades of pink, but I hope the "theme" of butterfly and flowers will qualify.

Since the image is so large and colourful, I choose to make a relatively simple card adding just one backing layer of Bo Bunny dotted green, some fushia silk ribbon, and an embellie (Tim Holtz idealogy acrylic tag, and a tile image from Bottle Cap Inc. that I sponged with Shabby Shutters distress ink). I also added black Doodlebug Sugar Coating glitter to the body of the butterfly. The edge is distressed and sponged with Vintage Photo DI.

click to enlarge

Brenda is allowing up to three entries, so I may have another go at her challenge when I get the chance.

Sharon
March 3/2013

3 comments:

  1. Great combo of colors on this card and they blend so nicely . Is that a SU butterfly ? You've been busy I see .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so pretty! I love what you did with the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Sharon,

    I am drawn to anything with a butterfly and also have a love of bold colours and flowers, so your pretty card ticks all my boxes.

    I am so pleased you found time to join in my celebration and thank you for doing so.

    B x

    ReplyDelete