Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2012 - March

This is my take on Tim's Tag for March:


double click to enlarge pic

detail of stained glass technique
Instead of using the woodgrain stamp, I made a nature inspired background. I wanted the bugs to look as though there was grass and sky behind them.  First of all, I applied streaks from middle of tag to the bottom with a Peeled Paint distress ink Dauber, and also sponged  Tumbled Glass DI over that and up to the top of the tag. Then I misted with water, and dried.  I inked up Tim's "Papillon" verse stamp with Antique Linen DI and stamped the whole tag. The edge of the tag was sponged with Vintage Photo DI.

With  a Spellbinders die, I cut out a dragonfly and small butterfly from Grunge paper and did the stained glass technique. I didn't have Cement Antiquities distress EP, so I used clear irridescent EP. I gives a bit of shimmer to the bugs.

At the bottom of the tag is a Rusted Grunge technique label using the Alterations Movers&Shapers die, Forest Moss DI, and copper EP. The verse is from Tim's "Odds and Ends" ticket stamps. I also used a piece of acrylic over the verse inside the label.

The flourish and leaves is a Heartfelt Creations Spellbinders die " Belle Rose". Green silk ribbon is threaded through the top of the tag.

I was very pleased with this tag and love the effect of the "stained glass" (giving myself a pat on the shoulders!) LOL

Sharon
March 2/2012

Challenges:

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2012 March

Crafty Anne's #60 - Anything but a Card

Pal's Paper Arts PPA#130 - Colour with a Twist (I added blue)

13 comments:

  1. What chic dragon-fly! Your tag pleased me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tag! Love the dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your tag ! Stunning ! The techniques are interesting, I'll have to look up the stainglass one as your dragonfly is gorgeous ! Congrats on your win yesterday ! Cheers, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag the tech. turned out really nice love the background .
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dragonfly is spectacular! The blue looks great with the greens too. Thanks for playing with the Pals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharon, thank you so much for taking time at my blog to leave a kind comment and the information regarding Tim Holtz's Blog. Much appreciated ! Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fact that you used a dragonfly. What a great idea and a cool twist to Tim's tag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Sharon! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning! Great take on Tim's March tag ... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so pretty. it looks like little jewels on the dragonfly. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dragonflies are so pretty and shimmery. A lovely tag. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's for this challenge.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete