Birthday Card for Friend

This is a birthday card I made for a friend with one of my favourite stamps by Emerson from American Art Stamps. I love this line of gal stamps and have five of them that I use every now and then.  They always seem to bring a little chuckle to the recipient!

double click to enlarge pic for clearer view


I coloured the image with Copic markers, added Stickles Diamond and Turquoise for the ladies' blingy jewellry, and Crystal Effects on the wine glasses and eye glasses for dimension.

The little flower at the top I made from Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die out of embossed wallpaper (for the recycle challenge at Speedy the Cat's Friends) , sponged with Tumbled Glass DI, with  tiny white and blue Prima centres.

The border is a large edge punch by Martha Stewart "Daisy". I also used Spellbinders scalloped rectangle die, pearls and lace ribbon. The papers are by Basic Grey "Kioshi" , 6x6 paper pad.

I'm entering the card into at Stamptacular Sunday "Text me" challenge, and Chocolate Coffee & Cards challenge "Drink it Up"!

Sharon
March 4/2012

Challenges:

Stamptacular Sunday #14 "Text Me"

Chocolate, Coffee & Cards #7 "Drink it  Up"

Speedy the Cat Friends Challenge #97 "Recycle" - I used embossed wallpaper to make the flower.

5 comments:

  1. Oh what fun!!! Great image!! -)) Like your recycled flower!!! Thanks for sharing with Speedy Fox and Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun stamp ! Your colouring is perfect and card is awesome with that beautiful BG paper (have it too!) Have a great day, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute card love the color combo and the border punch .
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a fun card! It made me smile! Love the flower and bg paper! Am sure your friend will enjoy this card! Take care!!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny card. Thanks fr joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete