Tim Holtz Twelve Days of Christmas Tags -Day 7

(click on title of this post to go directly to Tim's blog - Day 7)

Yesterday, I said I wasn't going to do any more tags as they were taking a lot of time each day....well, "eat my words" LOL!  Last night I did Tag 7.  I enjoyed watching Tim's video on how to use glassine paper. Neat Stuff!
double click to enlarge pic

I pretty much followed Tim's design except for adding a grungeboard poinsetta stained with Festive Berries ink (sizzlet's die)
for the pop of  red.  The verse is a cling stamp from Autumn Leaves Rhonna Farrer, "AL2779 Rhonna's Christmas Card" -11 stamps in set. I dyed the ribbon with Forest Moss DI. The baubles at the top are from my stash of  costume jewellery that belonged to my husband's mom. When we were cleaning out the house, hubby's sisters came across two containers of broken necklaces, bracelets and earrings that they were going to throw out. My daughter always enjoyed playing dress-up with them at Nanny's so I took them home. Being the packrat that I am, I figured the bits and pieces would come in handy someday for crafts.

Sharon
Dec.9/2011

2 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous version of the tag Sharon and love the poinsettia on there which is a great touch of red.
    I'm in the middle of day 7 now and will hopefully upload it tomorrow.
    Have a good weekend.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beauty like how you added the poinsettia instead of berries. I agree the tags do take up a lot of time but enjoy I every minute doing them . Wish we could do them together !!!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete