Tim Holtz Twelve Days of Christmas -Day4

(Click on the title of this post to go directly to Tim's blog - Day 4)

This tag sure had a lot of steps!!!  I pretty much followed Tim's instructions and worked at it in stages throughout the day, waiting for the snow cap paint to dry and the crackle glaze. Ended up doing three before I was happy with the crackle.

double click to enlarge pic

Things I did change are
-stamped trees instead of the flourish
-put the acrylic snowflake border towards the outside and used Star Dust stickles over the Snow Cap paint on the edges.

I also didn't use as many embellishments on my tag -left off the tulle button, and some of the trimmings near the bottom and on the snowman's hat.

I thought I had some tulle left over from my daughter's wedding three years ago. You should have seen me. I looked like a whirling dervish checking all the cupboards in my craft room and my sewing bins, but couldn't find it. So I tore some 4" wide organza into 1" strips which made a "shabby chic" frayed edge ribbon. 

I made two of these snowman tags - one is more country with twine and gingham, so I don't want to ruin the surprise for my friend by showing a pic.

Sharon
Dec.4/2011

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sharon you're on a roll there . I haven't made nay yet . Really like how you did this one bet it's much nicer IRL. Love the Wish in the snowman's belly.Just opened the pkg. you gave me Sat. thanks for the surprise brads.and for taking the time to cut the flourishes .
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete