Tim Holtz Twelve Days of Christmas - Day 2

(Click on title of this post to go directly to Tim' Blog  - Day 2)

Here is my finished Day 2 tag:

double click to enlarge pics

close-up of Pearl Mist "snow"
This tag took a little longer than I expected because I wasn't happy with the first background that I made, especially the spritzing of the Pearl Mist to get the "snow" effect. Tim makes it look a lot easier than it is .....when I squeezed the bottle and pressed the mister, I got HUGE drops of stuff on the tag that rapidly spread into puddles. Anyhow, I did manage to get some smaller drops on the second background.Another "boo, boo" happened.  The Pearl Mist spray kind of drifted on to my completed reindeer which I thought was sitting far enough away  (maybe because I was pressing the sides of the bottle?) So he is a little sparkly too, but that's a good thing!

I don't have any kraft resist paper, so I used a section of  page from Tim's Idea-ology Seasonal Paper, and stamped the verse merry christmas and postmark before using the Picket Fence paint dauber.

All in all, I'm happy with this one!

Sharon
Dec.3/2011

3 comments:

  1. Fab tag, don't you just adore all things Tim. Hugs Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you finally got there Sharon and I have to say I really love the red background which is so warm and cheery - just what's needed in this weather.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great when a boo-boo turns out to be beneficial? I think your shimmery background on this tag is awesome. Your reindeer and the garland are beautiful. What a fun tag you have created!

    ReplyDelete