Cardinal - Gingersnaps #84 Colour Challenge Snow, Pine & Mahogany

Tonight I was reading the Gingersnap Creations blog and their challenge is a colour one - Snow, Pine Needles and Mahogany. I had one more holiday card to make....I know it will be late, but better late than never, eh?  My christmas cards for mailing are rather plain - not too many embellies. Does anyone else get anxious when they go to the Post Office and the lady tries to put their card through the dreaded slot thingy???

So I incorporated the challenge into my card.  The cardinal stamp is by Northwoods, coloured with Copic markers and Stickles "Star Dust" to highlite the snow. I also used a pine needle stamp from Hero Arts, and the SU Snowflake embossing folder for the background.  I don't yet have TH Pine Needle Distress Ink, so I choose a green that hopefully is similar to distress the edge.  I did use TH Aged Mahogany on the edge of the red layer.
Sharon
Dec.28/10

Gingersnap Creations #GC84 - Snow, Pine Needles and Mahogany

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sharon this is beautiful --still think this is one of my favorite winter scenes . Coloring perfect and I like how you used the snowflake CB folder around the oval . Happy New Year .
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such nice details on this card. Thanks for taking the Gingersnap Creations challenge. Helene

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is stunning! Great artwork and design.

    ReplyDelete