Joy Fold Card - Revisiting old SU set "Garden Collage"

I was going through my older stamps the other day and came across this SU set from 2005 called Garden Collage. I always liked the images and decided to use the bird one on a card for a friend who recently had surgery. Inside, the verse from the same set reads "Gently thinking of you".

While I had planned to do a "joy fold", I wondered where to go from there. The challenge this week on Crafty Creations is a recipe for 3 patterned papers, 2 ribbons, and 1 charm. So I incorporated the recipe into the joy fold card. I used tone-on-tone turquoise printed paper as an alternate colour because there is a bit of the same shade in the floral paper on the right side. Although the pattern is faint to see in my pic, it is sorted of an allover stitched type. I also used three embossing folders -Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots", Crafts Too "Daisies" and "Flower Swirls" (I think that is the name - the folder case is missing! Ooops!)

As it turned out, there is another blog challenge for the "recipe 3,2,1", so I'm entering my card in that as well.

-The image is coloured with Derwent water colour pencils
-The three patterned papers were scraps I had on hand
-The two ribbons are by SU - one is wrapped around a layer; the other I gathered into a ribbon flower centered with a prima and pearl
-The charm is a silver heart (or one item)


(double click to enlarge pic)



Sharon
Aug.27/10

Challenges

Crafty Creations #82 - Recipe - 3 papers, 2 ribbons or trim, 1 charm

Paper Take Weekly -Recipe Time, three of one thing, two of another, and one item.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sharon :-) the image is lovely and the muted colours you used are perfect, am sure your friend will love this :-)

    thanks for joining us on the PTW :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card...love the soft colours and your ribbon rose is fab! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is gorgeous! I love the collage image and the mix of the soft colors! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is beautiful - love that little ribbon flower!!! Great idea - the charm is too cute to! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this pretty card, the joyfold is a great idea. Love the SU image.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete