"Haunting" - October 31st Cartridge

I know it's early for Hallowe'en, but I just recently purchased the October 31st cart, and wanted to play with it. There are lots of cool halloween images on this cart - check here:

October 31st cartridge

First of all I cut a small circle with my Nestie dies and placed it on white cardstock (4" x 5-1/4") in the upper left corner as a template for the moon. Holding down the circle with your left hand and being careful not to move it around, sponge the whole area of the white cardstock with Brilliance black ink,including over the circle; however leave a bit uninked at the bottom for the grass. Removing the circle leaves an uninked area to then sponge in Brilliance Yellow and Orange creating the moon. Using a Q-tip, I dabbed it in Brilliance Moonlight White ink and created whispy clouds scudding past the moon. I also sponged Brilliance Green on the bottom to create grass.

I cut a headstone, cat and wrought iron fence from the October 31st cart. I sponged silver ink on the fence to give it a metallic look, and black around the edges of the headstone to add dimension. The headstone is propped up with pop-dots.

The tab at the top is a SU punch on which I stamped "a haunting we will go" (Studio G stamp). I also punched two tiny holes and threaded black gingham ribbon to make a faux bow. The bat is from a cuttlebug die.

I added faux stitching around the edge and used a Tim Holtz distressor thingy to sand the edges giving a worn look.

Yellow layer is Bazzill, and the black layer is "Origins" graph design by Basic Grey.



Sharon
Aug. 18/10

Entries:
Halloween card: http://darknessinspiration.blogspot.com/

Stampin' B's Challenge #71 - Make a Scene card

7 comments:

  1. What a nice card. I love Halloween. You did a great job.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so cute you did a wonderful job with the shading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card...love it! I have this cartridge and agree there is a lot to it. I do find that several items are difficult to cut small...thin places seem to tear.

    Do you have trouble with this as well? I have a new mat/needle on the Cricut.
    TFS, Marcie
    http://www.marciespaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a super Halloween card.
    Puts me in the Fall mood and I'm really ready to create some autumn cards. Glad you joined the Stampin B this week with this 'haunting' scene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one cool cat!!! He's perfect and makes a great focal point for your Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great card! I love the details!

    ReplyDelete