Tim Holtz inspired birthday card for my brother

My brother's birthday is coming up April 4th. Usually I'm last minute trying to create something! This card took a lot longer than I planned because of all the techniques, bit I feel it was worth it!

I used a Tim Holtz mask and Tim Holtz stamps to create the main focal layer. I started with a compass mask using TH Distress inks Denim and Linen on SU Vanilla C/S, over which I stamped the verses, car and small coupon in Brilliance Coffee Bean.Clock is stamped with Brilliance Ivy. Then I tapped the car stamp into the Coffee Bean,Ivy Green and Sunflower Brilliance inks, and cut out the image mounting it with pop dots over the stamped car. I sanded certain areas of the car to highlite, such as the fenders, roofline, etc.with my BasicGrey precision file set. I sponged TH Corduroy around the edges of the layer to give depth. The arrow brad was black, but I dipped it into Versamark, and embossed with Copper EP.
For the background layer, I cut two different papers and randomly sponged TH Distress Linen over the whole surface,stamped an assortment of travel stamps, sanded areas of the paper to remove the ink, and sponged TH Distress Corduroy around the edges.
Also used is a paper clip,ribbon, EK Success index border punch, Rectangle Nesties and verse from Inkadinkadoo which is also sponged around the edges.



Sharon
March 9th

*See Challenges Below

All Sorts Week #42 - Just for Men
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2010/03/allsorts-challenge-week-42.html

PaperTake Tuesday Weekly Sketch #36- turned sideways.
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/2010/03/sketch-36.html

2RedBananas -Banana Split Sunday - Behind the Scenes I created the background paper with sponging, randomly stamped travel stamps, sanding/distressing
http://2redbananas.blogspot.com/2010/01/banana-split-sunday-behind-scenes.html

Tanda Stamps Teazer #136 - Transportation Vintage Car
http://tandastamps.blogspot.com/2010/03/tanda-teaser-136-transport-of-delight.html

Colour Chef #41 - Colours Yellow, Green, Brown & Cream
http://kjsstamppad.blogspot.com/2010/03/color-chef-challenge-42.html

Pollycraft #35 - Distressing - Randomly sanded areas of the background paper and areas of the car to highlite; sponged ink on background paper, and on the edges of layers
http://pollycraftchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/challenge-35-distressing.html

Spoonfull of Sugar #94 Recycle - I recycled a paperclip and black arrow brad which I coated with Versamark and embossed with Copper EP
http://aspoonfullofsugarchallenge.blogspot.com/2010/03/challenge-94-recycle.html

7 comments:

  1. Wow this is awesome --should have gotten you to make one for my brother LOL . So much detail is right and I'm amazed at how many challenges you have entered it in !!!! Great work
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon

    A brilliant card for a man.

    Great layout and image and I just love that border punch.

    At long last someone has used it and named who has made it so I will be able to look at for one now - thank you for that.

    Thank you for playing along with Allsorts this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Masculine cards are so challenging. You've done a great one here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous male card great image and colours ...x

    Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Sharon, fab distressing.

    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft.

    Hugs

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so pretty! I love it and I am glad you played along with the color chef challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, thanks for joining in with the Tanda Teaser....please excuse my tardiness...not been around much this week...hope to see you again soon on Tanda!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete