Spring Bird

Today, I received a new embossing folder in the mail. It's made by Crafts Too called "Leafy Tree". I embossed it on SU white C/S, coloured the embossed parts with Copic markers, and cut out around the edges of the leaves. Added primas, the verse,a bird cut from Cricut Storeybook cartridge,SU grosgrain ribbon and pearls. Inside, the verse reads, "Happy Bird-day to you!"

I'm not quite sure I like the way the card turned out, but at least it's "spring looking", and hopefully it will brighten the day for my DH's sister in Dartmouth.

Sharon
March 3/2010
*Challenges - See below



Challenge
Moxie Fab World Tuesday Triggers Challenge "Sweet on Spring"
http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2010/03/tuesday-trigger-sweet-on-spring.html

Crazy for 4 Challenges - Three Textures
http://crazy4challenges.blogspot.com/2010/02/crazy-4-challenges-c4c26.html

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!! LOVE this card!!! How exciting :) this is from my tuesday trigger inspiration! I love seeing everyones take on the inspiration board! I was dreaming of spring :) I added your amazing blog and feel free to add me too if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card the tree gives the illusion of the bird's wings . Really like the DP that you used also . So pretty
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly fabulous in every way!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sharon! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete