Hollywood Crop at Cropstop

Yesterday at Cropstop.com there were all sorts of fun challenges re: Hollywood theme and the Oscars.

I entered the Best Song category with this card. Something new I tried was paper piercing all around the border of the Nesties 10 die and hand-stitching with gold metallic thread. Hard to see the shine in the thread, but it's there IRL!



My song is Spring Fever by Elvis from his 1965 movie "Girl Happy"!

I couldn't think of any current spring songs to fit my card, except for "Beautiful Day" by U2. I like anything by U2, but when it comes right down to it, the lyrics are kind of dark for a song about a beautiful day. Go figure. Here are some of the lyrics to Elvis' song:

A little bird, he told me so
He said come on, get on the go
Open your eyes the sky is full of butterflies
The blossoms on the trees stir up the honey bees
Spring makes my fever right
Spring fever comes to everyone
Spring fever, it's time for fun
Get up, get out spring is everywhere

Spring fever, Spring is here at last
Spring fever, my heart's beating fast
Get up, get out spring is everywhere

Sharon
March 14/2010

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful --can almost feel the breeze .m One of my favorite images . I can see the thread around the edge it adds so much to the card .
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete