Sort of Vintage/Collage? Tuesday Taggers Challenge -Get Messy

I dug out some old stamps over the weekend that I haven't used in quite a long time...over two years maybe??? Anyhow, Tuesday Taggers challenge was to "get messy".

So I got out a piece of K & Co vintage script paper. On it I sponged Teal ink over a Tim Holtz Flourish mini-mask on opposite corners, stamped a french script stamp in SU Creamy Caramel in the middle; tore/distressed the edges of the paper and sponged with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distressed ink. I also sponged Teal ink on the coupon, and the TH Tea Dye ink on the embossed Eiffel Tower, and edges of the cream C/S layers.
The vintage ladies are stamped with Stazon Timber Brown on acetate, and coloured behind with SU Taken with Teal and SU Creamy Caramel Marker. The brown scroll corners are a Sizzix Sizzlets die, and the tag is by Spellbinders,wrapped with copper sheer ribbon and popped up by foam tape.

I'm not sure if I'm happy with the result, but it was good to "give some love" to my old stash of stamps. I didn't photograph my messy hands, but they were quite teal on the end of the fingertips, along with brown smudges that looked like a cigarette smoker (which I'm not!) LOL



Showing the "acetate"

Sharon
Feb.24/10

This card also qualifies for

Ooh La La Creation Challenge #48 - Acetate
http://ooh-la-la-creationschallenges.blogspot.com/2010/02/challenge-48.html

Papercraft Planet Simon Says Challenge - Colour Brown, Teal & Vanilla
http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/simonsaysstamp/forum/topics/simon-says-stamp-challenge-3

4 comments:

  1. Lots of elements on this card . Nice to see you're entering several challenges and you seem to be enjoying them. Love how you've used the older stamps with all the different techinques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, I so love vintage. Glad you could join in the fun with us at OLL. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that is just stunning I love everything about it and very appropriate as I live in France
    Thank you so much for joining us at Ooh La la it's so nice to see new bloggers joining in I hope we see you again
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  4. The result is definitely worth the inky fingers -- wonderful vintage style! Thanks for playing in this week's Spotlight challenge!!

    ReplyDelete