New Sizzix Bird die

These cards were made with a new bird die from a Sizzix Sizzlets set of three called "Seasons Greetings" #656286. The set also includes the verse seasons's greetings, and a leafy sprig with flowers (can be made to look like christmas or spring flowers). I think I will find this set very versatile!

The first card uses white Bazzill and SU silver paper layers, and a glittery background paper. The bird is cut on silver paper and covered with white Doodlebug sugar coating glitter. For the bird's wing, I first embossed the white paper with the Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy embossing folder. Then,I positioned the die over part of the embossing to look like layered feathers. The scalloped border is a punch from EK Success. The letters for the word PEACE are cut with Cuttlebug alpha dies which I also covered in the sugar coating glitter. The vellum snowflake under the ribbon is a Spellbinders die called "Snowflake Wonder".

For the second card, I used red paper for the bird and covered it in Stickles Red glitter. The background paper is embossed using the Cuttlebug Holly folder. The tag on the bottom is Spellbinders Shapeabilities "Fancy Tags" die on which I embossed the word Peace in Gold Tinsel EP.

Sharon
Dec.14/09



No comments:

Post a Comment